- Branch of service: US Army
- Dates of service: February 1966 to February 1968
- Highest Rank:Captain
- Unit, Division, Battalion,group, ship : 24th Evacuation Hospital
- War, operation, or conflict:Vietnam.
- Locations of military or civilian service: 1 year Ft. Belvoir, Virginia and Saigon, Vietnam
- Medals or special service awards: Military Merit Medal
- Special duties/ highlights/achievements: Department of Anesthesia
Dr. Don Buser was beginning his private medical practice in February 1966 when he was drafted to the United States Army during the Vietnam War and served until 1968. He served one year in Ft. Belvoir Virginia and his second year in Saigon Vietnam. He was in the 24th Evacuation Hospital and eventually achieved the rank of captain. He was in the department of Anesthesia and was awarded the Military Merit Medal due to his heroism and acts of loyalty and devotion to the United States Army. He obtained his medical degree from the University of Illinois, and started his practice in Belleville in 1964, retiring in 2004.